Whether it is a Christmas party with friends or texting about the holidays to family, Christmas jokes are the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit and reduce stress. We can always use an extra dose of Christmas cheer regardless of the year’s events!
From ridiculous holiday puns to amazing trivia factoids, these entertaining holiday-themed Christmas jokes are guaranteed to make you laugh your jingle bells off. And, for an extra dose of mature holiday fun, we’ve included a handful of off-colour Christmas jokes, too—for a more mature audience.
So why a list of 109 jokes? Well, 110 jokes seemed a bit extreme! On to the Christmas jokes!
Funny Christmas Jokes
1. What do you call an obnoxious reindeer? Rude-olph.
2. What did the stamp say to the Christmas card? Stick with me and we’ll go places!
3. What do you call a scary-looking reindeer? A cari-boo.
4. What do reindeer say before they tell you a joke? This one’s gonna sleigh you!
5. What do you call Santa’s little helpers? Subordinate clauses.
6. Why don’t you ever see Santa in the hospital? Because he has private elf care!
7. What’s the difference between the Christmas alphabet and the ordinary alphabet? The Christmas alphabet has No-el’s.
8. Why is it getting harder to buy Advent calendars? Their days are numbered!
9. How do you know when Santa’s around? You can always sense his presents.
10. How did Scrooge win the football game? The ghost of Christmas passed!
11. What do you call an elf that can sing and dance? Elfis.
12. Where does Santa keep all his money? At the local snow bank.
13. What do you call a broke Santa? Saint Nickel-less
14. What do you call a bunch of chess players bragging about their games in a hotel lobby? Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer!
15. Why don’t crabs celebrate Christmas? Because they’re shell-fish.
16. What does Miley Cyrus have at Christmas? Twerky!
17. What’s every parent’s favorite Christmas Carol? Silent Night.
18. What do snowmen eat for breakfast? Frosted Flakes or Ice Crispies.
19. How do snowmen get around? They ride an icicle!
20. What do you call Santa when he takes a break? Santa Pause.
21. What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations? Tinsil-itis!
22. What did Santa say to the smoker? Please don’t smoke, it’s bad for my elf!
Christmas Jokes For Kids
23. What does the gingerbread man put on his bed? Cookie sheets!
24. Why was the little boy so cold on Christmas morning? Because it was Decembrrrrr!
25. What comes at the end of Christmas Day? The letter “Y!”
26. What do you get when you combine a Christmas tree with an iPad? A pineapple!
27. What happened to the thief who stole a Christmas calendar? He got 12 months.
28. In what year does New Year’s Day come before Christmas? EVERY year!
29. What does an elf study in school? The elf-abet.
30. What is a bird’s favorite Christmas story? The Finch Who Stole Christmas.
31. What kind of motorcycle does Santa like to ride? A Holly Davidson!
32. How do sheep wish each other happy holidays? Merry Christmas to ewe.
33. What do you get when Santa becomes a detective? Santa CLUES!
34. What is an elf’s favorite sport? North-pole vaulting.
35. How does a snowman lose weight? He waits for the weather to get warmer!
36. What does Mrs. Claus say to Santa when there are clouds in the sky? It looks like rain, deer.
37. What did one snowman say to the other snowman? Do you smell carrots?
38. What do snowmen take when the sun gets too hot? A chill pill.
39. What should you give your parents at Christmas? A list of what you want.
40. What does a grumpy sheep say when his friends told him Merry Christmas? Baaaa humbug!
41. Why wouldn’t the Christmas tree stand up? It had no legs.
42. Why didn’t Rudolph get a good report card? Because he went down in history.
43. What does Jack Frost like best about school? Snow and tell.
44. What kind of ball doesn’t bounce? A snowball.
45. What falls at the North Pole and never gets hurt? Snow!
46. What kind of photos do elves take? Elfies!
Dad Approved Christmas Jokes
47. What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney? Claus-trophobia!
48. What’s the Grinch’s least favorite band? The Who!
49. What happened to the man who stole an Advent Calendar? He got 25 days!
50. How did the ornament get addicted to Christmas? He was hooked on trees his whole life.
51. Who delivers presents to baby sharks at Christmas? Santa Jaws!
52. Why was Santa’s little helper depressed? Because he had very low elf esteem.
53. What do ﬁsh sing during the holidays? Christmas corals.
54. What is a Christmas tree’s favorite candy? Orna-mints.
55. What do you call a kid who doesn’t believe in Santa? A rebel without a Claus.
56. Where do polar bears vote? The North Poll!
57. Why did Frosty ask for a divorce? His wife was a total flake.
58. What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck? A Christmas Quacker!
59. What goes “Oh, Oh, Oh”? Santa walking backward!
60. What’s Santa’s favorite snack food? Crisp Pringles.
61. Why was the snowman looking through the carrots? He was picking his nose!
62. Why do mummies like Christmas so much? They’re into all the wrapping.
63. Why does Santa have three gardens? So he can ‘ho ho ho’!
64. How much did Santa pay for his sleigh? Nothing. It was on the house!
65. What is the best Christmas present in the world? A broken drum, you just can’t beat it!
66. What do snowmen wear on their heads? Ice caps!
67. What did Adam say the day before Christmas? “It’s Christmas, Eve!”
68. What do you call an elf wearing ear muffs? Anything you want. He can’t hear you!
69. What nationality is Santa Claus? North Polish.
70. What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? Frostbite!
71. What do you call a blind reindeer? I have no eye deer.
72. Why does Santa Claus go down the chimney on Christmas Eve? Because it soot’s him.
73. What’s the difference between Santa and a knight? One slays the dragon, the other drags the sleigh.
74. Why did the Christmas tree go to the barber? It needed to be trimmed!
75. What is Santa Claus’ laundry detergent of choice? Yule-Tide.
76. How does Santa keep his bathroom tiles immaculate? He uses Comet.
77. What’s Santa’s favorite song by the Ramones? Blitzen-krieg Bop.
78. I can’t get to the chocolates in my advent calendar. Foiled again.
79. What do the elves call it when Father Christmas claps his hands at the end of a play? Santapplause!
80. What do you say to Santa when he’s taking attendance at school? Present.
81. What do you call Kris Kringle when he goes on his wife’s health insurance? A dependent Claus.
82. Christmas: The time when everyone gets Santamental.
83. What do you get if you cross Father Christmas with a detective? Santa Clues!
84. I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas. She told me, “Nothing would make her happier than a diamond necklace.” So I bought her nothing.
85. What would you get if you crossed Christmas with St. Patrick’s Day? St. O’Claus!
86. When Santa is on the beach what do the elves call him? Sandy Claus
87. What do you get if Santa goes down the chimney when a fire is lit? Crisp Kringle.
88. What’s as big as Santa but weighs nothing? Santa’s shadow!
89. Who is never hungry at Christmas? The turkey—he’s always stuffed!
90. How do you scare a snowman? Grab a hairdryer!
Mature Christmas Jokes – Some NSFW
91. Did you hear about the dyslexic Satanist? He sold his soul to Santa.
92. What do a train set and boobs have in common? They were both made for kids but dads can’t help playing with them.
93. What do three ho’s get you? One very jolly Santa.
94. What’s the difference between a Christmas tree and a man? A Christmas tree will stay up for 12 nights, has cute balls, and looks good with the lights on.
95. Is your name Jingle Bells? Cause you look ready to go all the way.
96. Why did Santa divorce Mrs. Claus? He refused to let go of all those ho’s.
97. Why did the Grinch go to the liquor store? He was searching for some holiday spirit.
98. Why does Santa always come through the chimney? Because he knows better than to try the back door.
99. Why did Santa send his daughter to college? To keep her off the North Pole.
100. What do you call Santa if he also lives in the South Pole? Bi-Polar.
101. Why was the snowman smiling? He could see the snowblower coming down the street.
102. What did Santa sing when he went down the chimney? “Chest and nuts roasting on an open fire…”
103. Why is Santa so damn jolly? Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.
104. Why are Christmas trees so fond of the past? Because the present’s beneath them.
105. Why did the Grinch rob the liquor store? He desperately needed some holiday spirit.
106. What’s the difference between snowmen and snowwomen? Snowballs.
107. Wanna see the North Pole? …At least that’s what Mrs. Claus calls it.
108. What’s the most disappointing thing for a man on Christmas morning? When he gets a sweater, but he’s hoping for a screamer or a moaner.
109. Why does Santa land on the roof? Because he likes it on top.
Do you have a favorite Christmas joke, not on our list? Be sure to add it in the comment section below. Who knows, maybe in the future our list will grow from 109 to 136 Christmas jokes!